Sunday, April 03, 2011

Luxury

Ever had to make do with what you have? I think it's a concept to which any one of us can relate. What separates the individual from the mass, within this concept, is how limitations and advantages are perceived. Some are happy to accept what they have and make no apology for not having more. Others fail to see what they have and focus on the advantages of others.This advantage is often seen as a "Luxury". However, the concept of luxury is relative. What might be a luxury to one may be common place to an other. Like magic luxury is an illusion. And is not an illusion easily created. Make no mistake, luxury is a burden.

If you are interested in owning this print it is for sale in my Etsy online shop.

4 comments:

M.B. Sampson said...

I like this one, resembles some of David Choong Lee's work. (the boombox). As far as Luxury goes, Relativity is a great point. I consider eating at "Pearl's Burger" once a week a luxury! Sooo good!

Mark Elliot said...

That's nice of you to say. I like Davids work. I'll look into Pearl's Burgers.

MAXER said...

I like this, also I like to read your concept with your opinion. have a good day.

Bryan and Sarah said...

After viewing and reading, I imagine her singing along:

"Never give it. Or, never take it away.

If you give then take away, you'll break my legs.

I'll make you pay."

Weird, Right? Still, I wrote them anyway, called it "Criminal" and offer the verse to you for free. Is that what they call Free Verse?

Keep up the enjoyable work!

Bryan

About Me

My photo
Makes Jet Propelled Robot go.